Crusades?

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 13:54:17 GMT

<<I've pointed out recently on-list that most religious cults will have a mystic component (indeed, it's one of the four functions of religion, as pointed out by J. Campbell, but probably not his original idea : description of reality, basis of accepted morality, ritual life of the faithful (a very complex set of notions, and not to be dismissed : basically their life cycles), and the mystic life (whether charismatic, philosophical, intellectual, aesthetic,
transcendant, whatever). He suggests that ALL religions have these components, in greater or lesser degrees, and in various balances (but it's *always* useful to remember that JC was a roman catholic) (and I'm mostly roman catholic myself, truth to tell : my long trek was a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela).>>

Hurra! Let me rejoice for this notion I just now apprehended (I am still a bit catching-up).

I agree completely with JC and to JL I say: "I am mostly roman catholic too and I went to Santiago in 1992. I made just the short trip, the last 110 km or so (I had only nine days to complete the trip without physical preparation): please answer me privately, when did you make your pilgrimage?".

To the GD audience: where/when in Glorantha can we find something similar to an Opus Dei or Jesuit Ordinis or Inquisition Tribunal or Controriforma Movement? Where/when do pilgrimages, of the Western (Loskalmi or Seshnegi) kind do take place?
Has anyone/anysource ever tried to detail these matters?

Ciao
Gian