Rivers of Hell

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:47:59 -0400

Thanks for the replies to this message. I didn't make it clear that I was specifically thinking of a description of the rivers of Hell in Glorantha. Maybe I was wrong to think I'd read one.

Christian accounts of the underworld don't fit all that well into Orlanthi myth.

In Dante, souls on their way to Paradise drink from the waters of Lethe and then of Eumnemonyse (sp?). The first makes them forget their sins, the second ('Good remembrance') restores their memory but without guilt or psychic scars.

Seems to me that combination is only appropriate to Malkioni ideas?

Andrew