Omission of Oria and Dayzatar from SGU

From: Roger McCarthy <rogermccarthy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 19:56:49 GMT

Martin Laurie on contents of SGU:

>There is no cult of Oria or Dayzatar for example.

Why on earth not?

I thought the whole point of Hero Wars was that it allowed us to play a wider range of social interactions than just killing things, but here we have two of the key cults of Dara Happa being excluded because they aren't likely cults for 'adventurers' (is Buserian?, or Ernalda? but they both make it into the HW book presumably on the grounds even that if you don't have PC's belonging to them you're going to encounter important NPC's who do).

I don't have Enclosure in front of me but IIRC Oria is one of the largest and farthest-spread cults of the Lunar Empire and pretty central to rural life throughout most of Peloria.

I'll admit Dayzatar mystics are highly unlikely to leave their ivory towers and interact with anyone, but even so the cult is surely of enough mythic importance to deserve a write-up of some sort - even if it's only in the ultra-short-form given to the Red Goddesses aspects in HW.

And as for there not being enough space - we're not talking RQ3 or RQ2 write-ups with a dozen deities to a book here - they only need one paragraph each!

A further question on SGU - will this cover illumination as this seems to have dropped completely from the HW Sedenya write-up - are direct worshippers of the Red Goddess still illuminated or has the whole concept been consigned to the memory hole?

ROGER