Astringency

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 21:40:23 +0900

Gian Gero: V7#518
>yet. I am entertained by the idea that the future winner of Sekigahara
>(the name was???) is often depicted as the bad guy, in most japanese
>fiction. Am I right?

Shingen Takeda was Strong Martial Overlord of Kai (Central Eastern Mountainous Area of Honshu: the Main Island of Japan) in Japanese Warring States Period. He once defeated Ieyasu Tokugawa in Mikatagahara. Ieyasu was only a Minor Daimyo (Lord) in that time. And he was the Guy that won against Mitunari Ishidada in the Sekigahara and managed to control over Imperial Court and All of Japanese Daimyos under Tokugawa Shogunate of Edo (It continued during almost 300 years of National Isolation Politic.) after most his hardship of Struggle (now Tokyo.) Ieyasu often is depicted as such Sly-Fox-like Characters in Legendary Shade.

>I am interested to know how the victories of Sheng or of Genghis influenced
>Kralori/chinese warcraft. But I know that SunZu has composed his works
>centuries before Genghis, so I suppose that late chinese and japanese
>strategists still studied SunZu but rejected the mongol way. Only the
Muslim
>empire (I suspect) learned something from the Mongols; all the other
empires
>they destroyed simply hated them and called them "devils" (tartars).
>Was Kubilai's dynasty a long one in chinese history?

I intended only as Astringency of biological Evolution term. FREX, Silmarillion or Gothic Legends of Dietrich von Bern has some similarity to
Eastern Mythology of Greg Stafford.
And in RW, Practical Guys often won and encroached Possibility of Existence as SunZy armchair tactics or Mongolian real Tactics closing. But on glorantha, you can enable Celts of Gaul to defeat Caesar of Rome or Paleogosian Byzantine to destroy Turkish Empire with their long tradition Magic.
Fantasy.

Andrew Larcen:
>Are not both Dendara and Babeester Gor worshipped in Sun County in Prax?

If you want to drive with Current of Glorantha Digest, Dendara is Planetary Wife of Pelorian Yelm and Sun County is too distant Place to involve System of Central Osliran Syncretism. Gorgorma was Rebellous Shadow to Patriarchial Yelmic System of older version of Earthly Dendara and mother of Yara Aranis in Pent without recent Greggery. But who knows her scattered existence in Current Glorantha?

Joerg Baumgartner:
>That's fine, because at the time Talor (or Hrestol) lived, this wasn't
>what Malkionism was about - at this time, the Malkioni in both Seshnela
>and Akem (i.e. Fronela) struggled against superior numbers of barbarians
>and at the same time made some effort to distinguish themselves from
>Brithini wizards.

AFAIK on some Japanese Introduction of Glorantha, it made some reference with Hrestol Existence linked to Ali Ibn Abbi Tarib, "the Lion of God", the Fourth Caliph and First Imam of Shiah Sect. Talor maybe is IslamHeroic Character.