Re: Western Heroquesting

From: Thomas McVey <tmcvey_at_sric.sri.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 14:01:43 -0800

The Glorantha Digest wrote:

> Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 20:39:10 +0800
> From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
> Subject: Western Heroquesting
>
> << Someone mentioned that Nick Brooke's examples of Western Heroquesting as
> modelled by Arthurian Romances had been gregged. Is this true?>>
>
> I agree with Nick that even if it has, please use it if you like it
> more.

At Dundracon, Greg used an Arthurian Romance-type Heroquest as being the Sorceror's perception of the Theistic plane. Such quests are exceptionally perilous and alien *because* the plane is hostile to the knight or wizard questing.

A Zzaburi might think of such heroquests as being useful metaphors for the naive, but really relish the austerity of the Sorcerous plane for proper access to power. Think command-line versus GUI.

Tom