Female knights

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 22:54:20 +0100

>There are amazons in Teshnos and Vingans in heortling cultures (and I
>suppose Gunda's mother, the "Valkyrie" was a member of one of these
>cultures) but do we know any female knights in the West like Bradamante in
>Orlando Furioso or Britomart in the Faerie Queen? Could Hrestolis or
>Rokaris tolerate female saint-warriors like Joan of Arc?

The precise status of Gunda's mother has been the subject of much tedious debate here. I think the conclusion was that there was a small order of female knights guarding one of the Malkioni holy places in Fronela and she was one of them. Note that HOW THE WEST WAS ONE features a female Bishop/Knight and a debate on the status of women.