Alkothi question

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 01:59:42 +0100 (BST)

Thanks to others for the exact reference; I shall lob in that Greg commented on this at a conference last year, replying to someone else's description of it as a 'mock execution' said something like, "Yeah, _usually_ they don't actually chop your head off..." Lest it be said the Depraved aspects of Alkoth were all the work of one man... Talking of whom: ;-)

Martin writes, amid much fascinating detail:
> In HW terms this means that you have to overcome a reistance to enter
> it of w3 or so.

Then 'HW terms' seem pretty broken to me. What happens if some time-server doesn't perform the ritual correctly on you, or you don't undergo it at all: you just bounce off?

I'm not quibbling with the mythic rationale, but the above seems to me like mechanistic over-statement. (I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of mechanistic over-statement when HW comes out, but roll on that day, anyhow...)

Cheers,
Alex.