Gorgorma

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 10:04:56 +0800

Peter on Gorgorma
>I don't consider
>Berserker, Absorption, Shield, Waste Loins, Create Ghost
>and her ability to command Bears, Dogs, Fear spirits,
>gnomes and pain spirits to be useless to the oppressed
>peasant (although Monster Man now seems to be their cult
>of choice and Gorgorma more restricted in scope).

        My interpretation is that Monster Man is a cult of collective peasant power, Gorgorma is more personal.

        Monster Man will help the peasants rise up and overthrow a bad lord, but he is not interested in helping a single person claim their personal revenge, and Gorgorma is. Gorgorma will, however, generally enthusiastically join in a peasant rebellion if it gets going.

> >But as an earth goddess, Dendara is already protected by Babeester Gor.
>
>Babeester Gor is an Orlanthi Goddess while Dendara is in the
>Pelorian pantheon, which does not include Babeester Gor. The
>worship of Babeester is not universal across Genertela.

        And to add to Peters remarks - Dendara isn't really an Earth goddess, either - our understanding of her and the Pelorian pantheon has changed a bit since GOG was published. Not only is Babeestor Gor not a part of the Pelorian pantheon, if she was, she wouldn't necessarily defend Dendara, but Oria.

	Cheers
		David