Lunar provincial troubles

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 15:59:26 +1200

James Turner:

>To start this off I'm looking for a provincial area of the empire where
>[investigators etc] could start and grow in reputation.
>Any ideas of a good starting place? (away from Sartar/Pavis please)

One could always get Griffin Mountain and have the PCs checking up on Halcyon Var Enkorth.

Aggar has major problems with Rebels (holed up in Kree Mountain amidst the Autumn Mountain range). General RoanUr is in charge of crushing it but has gone insane and uses chaos extensively to subdue Kree Mountain. He's highly connected so he can't be recalled. There's a story in Tales #16 with more details.

>Talastar has a bit of a write up in dorastor but it gives the
>impression that the lunars aren't particularly interested in it.

They want it quiet and so there's massive potential for PCs to go around dousing flames and all that. Remember Bolthor was moved to make peace with Hahlgrim because the _Lunars_ were concerned about the increased hazards from Dorastor and wanted him to put his house in order.

Alternatively the PCs could be observers at Fort Wrath, trying to provide their superiors with an understandable picture of Ralzakark's intentions...

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #528