Arrolia

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:59:23 +1200

Martin Laurie:

> >The Arrolians OTOH are not even half as good as Sartarites in fighting.
> >They are Pelorians who fled rather than take up arms against Sheng
> Seleris.

>This doesn't mean they are bad at fighting. The Carmanians fled the GLs but
>were rather good af clobbering. Often the toughest and best survive such
>journies, not hippy peaceniks.

"Pelorian" would still make up a major part in their fighting capability, I'd think. However I'll have to eat my words here and below as I just remembered that the Count of Perfe did hire Arrolian Pike for use against the Kingdom of War (and even though he lost, it wasn't their fault). I guess I temporarily confused them with the white moonie peaceniks.

>the just wanted a life without slavery, which was all Sheng
>offered and the other free lands probably had enough refugees and kept them
>moving on.

I think it's slightly more than that as they are not part of the Lunar Empire and one city has actively thrown off Lunar rule.

> >Already we are handling non-Arrolian concepts. The Arrolians
> >are at heart a community of equals.

>Who still have leaders like any other culture. Some are surely more equal
>than others?

Yup. They have a guild government in the towns although a canton system might exist in the country. They are not as all equal as Loskalm tho.

Wesley Quadros:

>How are you defining small? If the Arrolians keep the Dara Happan
>standards then from the 120,000 population they could easily have
>5,000 or more soldiers (plus the ragged peasants and city dwellers).

I don't think they are Dara Happans considering they have rejected the concept of Empire, which would be blasphemy for Dara Happans.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #531