Proxies

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:11:54 +1200

Philipp Grawe

>What are the Emperor's Proxies ? I don't think I've heard of them. Can you
>expand on that ?

A Proxy is a stand-in for the Emperor and for all intents and purposes acts like one. The best source of information about them is the Fortunate Succession.

The first lunar proxy, the Golden, was created in Venerabilis's reign (1529-1546) when he wanted to avoid performing the Golden Rites.

In 1585, the Red Emperor became Reclusus and created the Silver, Bronze, Brass and Bone proxies to "rid himself of duties that took him from his personal endeavors".

Many of these proxies were crushed and their friends hunted down after the Emperor turned into Ignifier (the conqueror of Sartar). Ignifier then "took back command which had rested in the command of the proxies).

It's not actually clear whether the proxies are humans, living statues made out of gold, bronze etc. or a combination of the two. There is a proxy that was created by Sheng Seleris which is demonstrably a living statue (it fought the Lunars when they retook the Moon and is now in their court of conquest).