Re: communication

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:36:41 -0700

Gian wrote

>Sandokan used
>daggers to pierce the hearth of the occasional Ourang-outan he enjoyed to
>slay while travelling in the Borneo Jungle

Why does this make me think:

"How was your journey?"

Onslaught smiled for the first time, revealing iron teeth. "Very enjoyable. I slew three orangutangs. The third was a bit tricky, he was running away so I had to pierce his heart from behind."

James Turner asked

>Long distance communication in Glorantha.
>
>How is it done?

>Long range telepathy?

Missing Lands indicates that the Waertagi used enslaved beings with long range telepathy between dragonships. In my game, the Waertagi use messenger eels to send messages from a fastship.

I think the general answer, though, is that it isn't. I'm sure there are all sorts of minor exceptions (Orlanthi fliers, moon boats) but as a rule, there's nothing as ubiquitous as the telegraph.