Imperial citizenship

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:28:06 +1200

Alexandre Lanciani:

>I thought that to become an Imperial Citizen you had to become at least a
>lay member of the Emperor Cult. Now that this widespread Emperor Cult
>doesn't exist anymore, is Citizenship just a mundane status?

Lay worship of the Emperor is quite a different issue from initiation and devotion that was originally posited.

AFAIK Citizenship is awarded on the basis of knowledge of lunar mysteries (one can be a lunar worshipper and not be a citizen) to the Examiner's satisfaction.

However "Lunar Mysteries" is quite broad and even includes the knowledge of mysteries of prior incarnations of the Goddess. Examples of the last cults include the Jernotian mystics, Nysalorans and Orogerian huntresses. However for these cultists to be awarded lunar citizenship, they have to recognize that they are following a prior incarnation of the Goddess, and most of them don't.

>Who are the members of the Egi?

A full list is not known but one of them is Aronius Jaranthir. There appears to be about fourteen in total.

>Are members of the Presidium (if it still exists) eligible/bred to
>become proxies?

A body like it exists and is necessary in light of the current Emperor's interests.