Sun Dome versus Dara Happa; Orlanthi versus Aeolian

From: Lowell A Francis <edige_at_juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:57:53 -0500

I have a couple of general questions. There are two areas where I've having a little trouble getting a sense of how things would play out in day-to-day Glorantha. In a sense I'd like a clearer vision of what the interactions between a couple of groups would look like to my players on the ground.

The first question is about the relation of the Sun Dome County(ies) to the Lunar Empire. In the "Sun Dome County" supplement we have Solthanos Ironspike who likes to duel Dara Happan Rune Lords. Its unlcear to me whether that means Lunar-cult Dara Happans or more traditionalist or if that even matters; is suspect that it probably means Lunarized DH. What is the response of the average person or even non-average person in charge of the Sun Dome County to what has transpired within Dara Happa. The Red Emperor has passed the tests of the Emperor, and Yelmalios are supposed to respect Yelm and Priests of Yelm, so what should their response be? How would they react? In particular I'm wondering less about Sun County in Prax and more about the Sun Dome near Sartar. Given the mixed messages in the literature about Yelmalio's role within in Orlanthi faiths and the closeness of these people, how would they react to a "straight" Yelmi PC or even to a Shargashi PC. What is their relationship to present DH culutre?

My second question is about Heortland. Tradetalk 4 and 5 (as well as Jorg Baumgartner's web pages) gave me a clearer sense of the recent history of Heortland, but I'm unsure how to portray/describe to my players the relationship between the Orlanthi array peoples in Heortland and the Aeolian Church. (In the case of my game I'm working post-Rokari rise and fall in Heortland). How do they interact? What might be a guess about the ratio between such worshippers? I understand that the Aeolian Church is centered around the cities, but how is the authority of the various lairds and shires called upon to more traditional Orlanthi. How do they see each other? How would a PC from one see a PC or NPC from the other? How much are they united behind an idea of Heortland?

Lowell A. Francis

YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.