Eastern Dwarves

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:00:10 +1200

Terra Incognita:

>What is the relationship between Mostali & Vithelan?

In Vithelan eyes, dwarves are another tribe of Antigods.

In Mostali eyes, Vithelans are people who insist that their senses are faulty. Quality control has investigated their claims and found them groundless.

>Taktari (I think this term means Dwarf in Eastern Cosmology) is Stone
>People, resides in Western Anti God Area (Slon, Nidan? Minion of Sorcery
>Martalaki? Magic)

Dwarves used to be prominent in the ShanShan mountains until Emperor Yanoor defeated them in a great battle. Now they can only be found around Diamond Mountain. One East Island has dwarves according to Missing Lands, although I think many more should have caves where Dwarves can be found.

I've generally understood that the Dwarves to be Babadi (metal people) rather than Taktari. The later term refers to creatures like gargoyles.