Red Emperor Wars

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 06:57:27 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/00 8:43:53AM, you write: Nick Brooke writes:
<< Startlingly, I'm with MOB and Trotsky on this one. But I would still prefer  *not* to have to ignore and belittle the "official version", which is why I  would still like Martin to reconsider his irritating extremist position.

In a funny way I am in favour of the "official" version because, if I were to run a Lunar Succession War scenario it might be useful for the players to be convinced that there really is only one true Red Cheese (because they might have read all the official stuff). As it dawned on them (gradually) that there might be different versions
 of the Red Bloke, perhaps with different Egi in their faces, then it might all be rather interesting.

Having said that, I do feel sympathy for Martin because it is difficult to write anything that does not contradict something. Although it is almost directly relevant to my current (dormant) campaign - now in the throes of Jannisor's Rebellion, I am sure that I will make up, and change, my mind as/if stuff happens. Martin's pleas that Gloranthas may vary are valid, and more importantly perhaps, his descriptions of Egi Quests sounds quite exciting.

Keith N
(is it just me or do others always associate Egi with Scambled Egi on Toast, Boiled Egi with Hoplite, Egi Bread, and Fried Egi, Egi on Face, Chicken before the Egi.....