MOBs Royale with Cheese

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 03:00:36 EDT

Me:
>I am in favour of it being a pharoah like possession of a body, with that
>persons soul moving on, while the Emperor remains singular. If this is the
>way it turns out, then this should appease everyone methinks and reconcile
>the two views.

MOB:
>This would be fine, except that Glorantha already has a Pharoah that does
>this, so simply repeating this for the Lunar Empire is a Big Yawn.

Okay, I'll forget it then, I agree with your point. I didn't like it that much myself, but was searching for a compromise.

As a caveat to your "big yawn" comment, I feel precisely the same way about the whole noble becomes Emperor and is given divine powers routine. It's been done before in the RW and in Glorantha. I think it would be a far more interesting Empire if the Emperor was singular and was _not_ replaced in the manner described in the Moonson LARP. YGMV.

>As I said before, we already have way-cool, MGFly resonant GAG covering the
>Red Emperor, his succession and his court.

Its funny but I feel exactly the same way about the singular RE concept. I think its packed with MGF (to steal your term) and is way cool (to steal another).

>Glorantha is supposed to be a
>weird, wonderful magically diverse place. Why knock out a carbon copy of
>another region's politico-magical structure when there's already an
>entertaining, *popular* model in place?

You're right. I dislike the Belintar cloning. Consider it dumped. BTW, its because G is so rich and magical that I'm in favour of a divine singular RE and less in favour of a RW political motivation behind direct succession for the RE.

>Unless Belintar is going to be next victim of a "rethink"?

Not my department.

Keith N:
>(is it just me or do others always associate Egi with Scambled Egi on Toast,
>Boiled Egi with Hoplite, Egi Bread, and Fried Egi, Egi on Face, Chicken
>before the Egi.....

Martin:
>>Or quarter Egis with cheese?

>In the case of His Imperial Highness, surely it would have to be a "Royale
>with Cheese"?

That's only because the Empire uses the metric system.

Martin Laurie