Belintar, the Red Emperor and Reincarnation

From: Matthew Thale <mattt_at_azstarnet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:28:20 -0700

Greetings all,
I had an interesting thought after seeing the comparison between the RE's reincarnation and Belintar's reincarnation. While I'm not suggesting that the two reincarnation processes are the same, I do think that they are similar in some respects.

Belintar manages to overcome all opposition in the Holy Country to become the Pharoah. Yet, if I remember correctly, Jar-eel manages to sabotage the reincarnation process and eliminate him.

This leads me to believe that the Lunar Empire (or factions within the empire) have some sort of secret knowledge regarding the process of reincarnation.

Perhaps this secret knowledge was not originally developed/researched as a means to defeat Belintar, but rather an outgrowth of research on how to interfere with the reincarnation of the one true red emperor.

There may be only one true red emperor, but he may not be the person occupying the throne. The person sitting on the throne may be the puppet of whichever faction managed to derail the reincarnation process.

This may be a middle ground for those involved in the Red Emperor fight that is going on, or it may not. However, I think it is something to consider.

Thanks,
- -Matt Thale