Bastard Candidates

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:44:37 +0100

Alex writes:

> I don't want to give the impression that imperial succession is
> _just_ a bunfight between a bunch of powerful nobles and assorted
> bastard Moonsonsons, because a) that's clearly not what Imperial
> Propaganda says, and b) equqally assuredly, it's not Correct.

I agree completely.

Also: I think it would be very unusual for a Mask of Moonson to be succeeded by one of the offspring of that Mask of Moonson. I don't think direct male-line heredity plays any part in picking who's likely to become manifest as the next Red Emperor. Lots of descendents of Moonsons may be more eligible (as would descendents of Proxies, Inspirations, etc.), but that's not the same thing IMO.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick