MOB and Martin tell huge lies... (maybe not)

From: Meints, Richard (R.J.) <"Meints,>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 06:58:19 -0400

MOB he say:
>If HW takes off, I'm sure there will be a healthy trade in second-hand
>issues of Tales and other "fan" publications, just like many of us have
>moldering copies of 20-year-old DWs and WFs. But by this comment
>I do see that you do hubristically consider current Glorantha fans will
>be but a piddling minority in a huge HW market,
>and thus of no consequence.

What do you mean moldering? I (Mr. Suitcase) am sitting on a huge stash of all sorts of RQ2 golden age products lovingly stored in acid free plastic bags in a room that is climate (and humidity) controlled. The stuff I'm currently peddling on my website is of high quality (with prices to match). Moldering indeed.

NOTE: I'm hoping the controversy between the "fan" publications and the "official" ones only increases. Nothing like a controversial or heretical item to boost sales in the secondary market. I should get Simon Bray to draw naughty pictures for some of the upcoming TotRM publications; look what "lewd" art did for the resale value of original D&D Module B3 - the Palace of the Silver Princess. Nobody pays much for "Yawn" used stuff. Argue on. Ban it even. : )

Martin he say:
>Greg is still working on the whole Yelmalio thing. Naturally the Sun Dome
>seems more real to you than the Emperors list in FS, cos _you_ wrote it,
>loved it and cherished it (I was going to say "named it George" but unless
>you were a Marvin the Martian fan, you wouldn't get that)

Being a life long devoted "collector" of Warner Brothers cartoons, especially anything to do with Bugs or Marvin Martian, I believe Martin is confusing the "love it", "name it george" stuff with the "Abominable Bunny" cartoon featuring Bugs, Daffy, and the Abominable Snowman, who was basically a rip-off of Lenny from "Of Mice and Men".

Martin Laurie is currently unable to attend Convulsion 2000 in Leicester this July due to very understandable financial constraints. Originally, we had him scheduled to be a guest on our "Jerry Springer Glorantha Panel". This could still happen if we get enough donations to pay for his travel expenses. The panel would give us the highly entertaining and enlightening situation of having Martin Laurie, Greg Stafford, Alex Ferguson, Nick Brooke,
David Hall, Chris Gidlow, MOB, and a few more luminaries all in the same room at the same time to discuss Glorantha.

Donations to the convention (please earmark the donation as being for "Jerry Springer Panel") can be sent along with your regular subscription info to the regular address as per our website:

www.glorantha.co.uk/C2K/c2k.html

See you at the convention,
Rick