1984 Lunar Analogies

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_lhr-sys.dhl.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 13:43:50 +0100

The Glorantha Digest wrote:
- -..
> Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:19:39 +0100
> From: "Nick Brooke" <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
> Subject: Soviet Lunar Analogies
>
> What follows is my friend Chris Gidlow's explanation of why the Soviet
> analogy for the Lunar Empire, used in moderation, can be a Good Thing:
- -..

To flaunt rule 1, good stuff. I would add that the Soviet Lunar analogy neatly segued into the 1984 analogy, which I'd say is the only possible analogy to the Lunars' institutionalization of illusion, muddying of truth and (most importantly) simultaneous belief in contradictory things.

How can you understand the Lunars without knowing about doublethink? Doubleplusgood!