Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #587

From: Nick Grant <gimilkhad_at_clara.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 18:01:15 +0100

Gian

>My pedantic urge is unleashed: many antropologists (I am sure now an
>anthropologist by profession will pop up and confute what follows: life is
>hard...) believe that any cup/pot/circle or dome in the primitive symbolism
>is a reminder of feminine sex.
>They equally believe that swords/spears/sticks/flags/totems are symbols for
>the masculine sex. Much Freudian, isn't it?

Exactly where the comment came from. When the idea of Chalanna receiving life by drinking from Uleria's Cup was suggested, the immediate image that sprang to my mind had nothing to do with glasses of water. After all this is a cult that is said to have sacred prostitutes.

And talking of Freudian

>>Well, umm, I just wonder what sort of cup we're talking about here. I
>>do wonder, well, to put it bluntly, how furry is this cup?
>
>I think the lip is smooth.

Peter, I think your fetish is showing. I know mine is...