Ivan?Peter?Ops!

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 06:42:19 GMT

<<Gian Gero wrote:
>AFAIK the chief model for Ivan was Paris. The Court of Le Roi Soleil. No
>way > to connect Luis XIV with Glorantha, Rome or Byzantium. Let alone Ivan
>the> Great.

No, Chris was right, the "Third Rome" is a very important part of the Russian ideology: he was talking about Ivan the Great (1462-1505). You must think about Peter the Great (ruled 1682-1725).>>

Your are right. I made a bad mistake. Ivan is not Peter. Urgh! That hurts!

That had to be the revolting ghost of Ilav who haunted me and made me stumble.
Go away, damned soul! Begone to the deepest of acherons, Topix!!

Ciao
Gian