Re: The Emperor's Parts

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_celtic-webs.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:28:15 -0700

> Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 13:29:42 +1200
> From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
> Subject: Red Emperor in Parts
>
> Martin Laurie:
>
> >I was denying the number of parts as necessarily being 7.
>
> Which makes him superior to the Goddess...

Why? Yelm was only supposed to have three parts: the Highest Part (Vrimak), the Dominant Essense (Antirius) and the Lower Part (Bijif) [GRoY P.17]. When he fell to bits it was revealed that he had accumulated other parts: the Divine Seed (BernEel), the shadow (Kazkurtum) and the Body (Enverinus).

It would seem to me that fewer parts you have the closer to the One you are. If Yelm had remained properly pure then maybe he would not have fallen.

> >and one of them is his singular takenegi part
> >that was created at Castle Blue.
>
> What is wrong with the proposition that the Takenegi portion
> being the Rashoranic portion? It is simple, elegant and it
> doesn't fuck around with the sources.

Which sources? What is wrong with the proposition that th eTakenigi portion isn't the RAshoranic portion?

> >Actually thinking over your point here, he has 6 Yelmic parts and
> >7 DH parts. They are different parts. Antirius is not in the
> >Lunar parts and Gerra is not in the DH parts, so how many soul
> >parts does he have IYO?
>
> Yelmic parts _are_ Dara Happan parts. Get out a copy of the
> RQ2 con bloody compendium (p84) and the Entekosiad (p112) and
> compare!

  1. Martin appears to have made a typo here.
  2. Why is there blood on your compendium?

> What is being suggested is that for the Red Emperor, he
> has the Great Self portion as being TakenEgi. Since he
> is an Emperor, his fire portion (Self Awareness) is
> Antirius as are all Yelmic Emperors.

This is not true. To be a Yelmic Emperor you have to pass the Ten Tests. You do not have to be an Antirian Emperor to do so. Frex: the Dominion of Kargzant, the Dominion of Shargash and the Dominion of Karzkurtum. Jenerong was Yelmic Emperor (he passed the tests, he had to be) but he was not Antirian; likewise Eater of Women, Upon Hilltops, Minimat, Ovosto, Orogoros etc.

> You have stated that the Red Emperor is a Gestalt of Parts.
> The appropriate creation myth for TakenEgi's making would
> be the creation of Murharzarm in the Glorious ReAscent
> with the Lunar Egi adding the collective sum of their
> Rashoranic portions.

You of course mean "an appropriate", seeing how this is IYO. Which ritual were you referring to? The only ritual in GRoY that I can find dealing with creation of life is on p. 10 and deals with the first people. Murharzarm was created before this (one paragraph to be precise) as the first child of Yelm and Dendara.

Unfortunately, this assumes that he is first DH and secondly RE. I think that this is wrong and that he is first RE. I don't even think he is an Antirian emperor (he can't be and still have orgies in the palace). Takanege himself, IMO, was (else Yelmgatha would not have recognized him), the later masks are not.

Wesley Quadros
Cruise Director
Celtic Webs Internet Publishing

www.celtic-webs.com