bits of the Emperor

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:59:08 +0800

>It would seem to me that fewer parts you have the closer to the One you
>are. If
>Yelm had remained properly pure then maybe he would not have fallen.

        Yelm could only have remained pure by not becoming involved in the material world - he would not have been Yelm if he had. The only way to have no shadow is to cast no light, the only way to have no body is to have no material existence, the only way to have no divine seed is to not connect to others in that way.

        It is possible to have more than 7 parts if counting pieces - indeed, the Red Emperor trivially has more than 7 if he is capable of bilocation, and has more than one body. But thats not what the 7 parts doctrine means. Does he have more than 7 TYPES of part? Well, that would be a very astonishing assertion to make, effectively making him more than the gods in some way. (and if he had less than 7, he would be less than human).

>> >I was denying the number of parts as necessarily being 7.

        The 6/7 parts are types of parts - if you want him to have more than 7, you have to either invent new types of part, or say that he has more than one of some of the old parts. The former is a dubious exercise indeed, effectively argueing that there are attributes he possesses that no other being has, the latter necessarily argues against his singularity, which doesn't bother me but sounds like it might bother Martin. So which do you mean, Martin?

        The 6/7 parts is a system of description, not a packing list (congratulations on your purchase of the Red Emperor kit, please find included the following component parts...).

>> What is wrong with the proposition that the Takenegi portion
>> being the Rashoranic portion? It is simple, elegant and it
>> doesn't fuck around with the sources.
>
>Which sources? What is wrong with the proposition that th eTakenigi portion
>isn't the RAshoranic portion?

        tFS page 64 says that the Antirius portion continues between Emperors, and that the other 5 parts known to the Dara Happans do not. You can reject the Rashoranic part continueing as well if you want, but that gives less continuity between emperors, as the only continueing part then is the Antirius portion. Any other part continueing contradicts that source.

>> What is being suggested is that for the Red Emperor, he
>> has the Great Self portion as being TakenEgi. Since he
>> is an Emperor, his fire portion (Self Awareness) is
>> Antirius as are all Yelmic Emperors.
>
>This is not true. To be a Yelmic Emperor you have to pass the Ten Tests. You
>do not have to be an Antirian Emperor to do so.

        The Antirius portion of all the Red Emperors is the same in any case. The Red Emperor probably uses his own rites of enthronement, and I think that they are different (this is part of what he is saying with his 'I am not Murharzarm', I think).

Martin
>>>Actually thinking over your point here, he has 6 Yelmic parts and
>>>7 DH parts. They are different parts. Antirius is not in the
>>>Lunar parts and Gerra is not in the DH parts, so how many soul
>>>parts does he have IYO?

        This is a bizarre interpretation. The 7 are the Yelmic 6 + 1 other. This is said pretty explicitly in several places. The chart on page 112 of the Entekosiad clearly explains that Veritherusa is the Red Goddesses Spirit part (=Antirius part) and Gerra is the Red Goddesses Body part (=Enverinus part).

        The Red Emperor has 7 parts, like all complete beings in the Lunar cosmology - some of these parts (such as his body) may not be singular. The only source that is at all explicit on the questions argues that 5 of these parts may change between incarnations, those 5 probably being all but the Antirius and Rashoranic parts - all but the Spirit and the Great Self.

	Cheers
		David