Egi in tights

From: Svechin_at_cs.com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 13:45:31 EDT

Nick
>NB: I have assumed the Egi are *always* resident on the Red Moon, sitting as
>a heavenly Council, and not that it's a job one turns up to (like e.g.
>popping into the House of Lords for a quick vote).

I think that they do leave the moon on occasions.

>I know at one time Martin had visions of interventionist Egi (with
underpants >outside their trousers?)

Hehe, no I think not. Never had those visions. If you interpreted what I said to mean that, then the visions were yours not mine.

>flying around the Empire and righting wrongs with direct backing and support
>from the Lunar Pantheon, in a kind of four-colour "Justice League: Peloria"

Nope. But I do think they have some level of activity and I do think that they do NOT always have common goals. Some of them are beyond mortal concerns, some are not. Some are also worshipped entities in their own right like Aronius Jaranthir and thus do manifest on the mortal plane.

>setup. ("Tell me, do you ever miss the concept of human achievement?"). But
>I hope this has since been buried decently, in an unmarked grave.

The Justice League idea is your alone. Never my view of it at all, but I do thing that the Egi and other entities on the Moon interact with those below on some levels. I think that to have them distinctly unactive is lacking in MGF. At the heroic level of interaction, you can meet the Egi and there are many possibilities even to become and Egi.

Martin Laurie