Herd man tails

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:34:07 EDT

Meirion replies t my comment on Herd man tails

<<
> Why don't herd men, for example, get tails out of pity because they
> can't swish flies.?

 There is little place for pity on the planes of Prax, Eritha has got to be  the hard nut amongst the non-malign earth goddesses.

 Herd men don't need them, they can either groom each other, or pull out a  small bush or similar and swish themselves and each other. >>

I wasn't really suggesting they should have tails, I was suggesting that if Eiritha was such a nice patronising goddess that she would give the poor ickle moros thumbs then she should come up with some other stuff for her other children, like maybe 'tip protectors for Sable horns to stop them putting someones eyes out. But that since she doesn't, the Moro Thumb is not a result of Eiritha's Pity. I was suggesting that it was a result of some secretive link between Genert, Hyena, and Eiritha, emphasing Morocanth cleverness.

(Ok, my myth (which is a secret...shhh) was going to include the Thumbs being a part of Genert bitten off by Hyena and regurgitated to Morocanth rather than at the growing ground due to either Morocanth trickery or friendship. Thus Moro thumbs would be unappreciated by Issaries cultists, Lightbringers, Golden Age Revisionists because they should be being sewn onto Genert, not being twiddled by a Morocanth. However, only Priestesses of Eiritha, possibly only Morocanth Eiritha, know the true story, which they prefer to keep secret.

Keith N

I agree completely with Meirion, which is why I was also not