Re: Vision Clash / Is the Goddess Just?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 21:46:34 +0100 (BST)

John Hughes ponders:
> Do Lunars treat the discourse on souls as literally and as
> unpoetically as our own debate has thus far? (Just because myths are real
> doesn't mean myths aren't myths).

I think they regard them both literally _and_ poetically, myself. It's an eschatological truth, tied up as that inevitably is with cosmology, a magical reality, and a means of expressing relatively 'mundane' reality. ("My Dirty Image says to eat that saffron cake, but my Bird says I really ought not to...")

> Can normal people lose parts of their souls? What happens when they
> do? Can they get them back/regrow them? What are the scenario hooks?

I asked Greg this once, as it happens, inspired by of all things, _The Western Lands_, by W. Burroughs. His response was on the lines that such a being would have to be some sort of undead monster, or some such (the old RQ3 idea of Incomplete Creatures springs to mind). He did assent to the idea that Dara Happans would speak of people having a strong Antirius part, or a weak Vrimak, and such like, depending on their personalities, behaviour, and what-not. (i.e., this isn't necessarily merely Mythic Electron Microscope, to 'test' things relating the nature of a person's Parts.)

> BELL AND BEER STUFF
>
> Secret message to Alex:

Secret message that went straight over Alex's head! Can anyone translate, or have I just fnord started seeing the fnords?

(Or, did you mean The Other Alex? Dang, what it is to not be Singular any more...)

Cheers,
Alex.