Tentacles News Post 4!

From: Fabian Kuechler <fabian.kuechler_at_medien.uni-weimar.de>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 02:43:17 +0200

ENTACLES NEWS POST
Volume 1, Number 4, Mai 3rd, 2000

~~ S L U R P F o l k s ! ~~

Welcome to the Tentacles News Post March, featuring all the latest Tentacles news and views. Feel free to forward this newsletter to friends, allies and sworn enemy’s. If you do not want to receive this newsletter or have a new email address please send a notification to: fabian.kuechler_at_medien.uni-weimar.de

~ N e w s & G o s s i p ~

Back again with the latest Tentacles news. Well, the registration deadline just went through and we close to be booked out. There are just a couple
of places in reserve for the notorious late comers.

We are happy to have you all around again!

We are sorry to announce the CoC freeform 'Those Who Falter and Those Who Fall' to be dead. We just have some rumors that this is because of privat
reasons of the authors. The commitee never heard back from them...

We are very proud to announce that Tentacles seems to attract female roleplayers. The last time I checked the list I counted up to 30 female guests. This
is very charming and encourageing development for the hobby. The KoDP trend, I guess...

Tentacles will be sponsored again by Chaosium Inc., Issaries Inc. and Pegasus Spiele GmBH.

~ H e r o W a r s ~

Since Greg Stafford is busy like hell getting the game out in next 2 weeks we do not have more information about the game and Issaries Inc. Convention
support as we had in the last newsletter. That will hopefully change in the next days and
we will spread the news as soon as we have them.

~ E l r i c ! ~

Gee, Lawrence Whitaker has done it again. We have a cool tournament scenario for Elric! / Hawkmonn:

L e a r n i n g t o F l y
by Lawrence Whitaker

The PCs play The Straw Dogs and are involved in the sabotage of a devious Granbretanian plot to build the ultimate ornithopter. The Straw Dogs' actions will have far-reaching consequences for the war in France,

whatever their outcome, and the safety of Marenne and Rochelle provinces rests in their
hands!

'Learning to Fly' is akin to 'Where Eagles Dare' meets 'Firefox'. Dazzle at daring feats of cunning! Marvel at exhibitions of aerial endeavour! Chill to the horrors of Granbretan!

A Hawkmoon tournament for all the family. I'm lying about the family bit.

Newbees welcome! Make sure not to miss the Elric! / Hawkmoon freeform game. Sign up will be at the convention. Timing is up to the GM's and players.

~ P r o g r a m m e ~

The programme this year will be bombarded with more games and less panels. There will be numerous games for Hero Wars and Call of Cthulhu. We invite everybody to bring his/her home made collection of Glorantha Board and Card Games and inflatable toys for our wet wild Trollball Show. No
problem if you want to run your own games.

GM's are expecially welcomed. If you like to volunteer as a refeere get in touch with us and you will earn glory, free drinks, a listing in the programme book and
something else...

Tentacles features again: the famous castle above the Rhine river, good weather, special effects, good cheap beer, 2 filling meals a day, a dry comfortable bed, computer network gaming, the Infoshrine our efficient Convention plant for information, alka selzer & asprin and us crazy pals

from the Chaos Society Germany as well as a bag of surprises.

~ T e n t a c l e d G u e s t s ~

R o b e r t s o n, Roderick
Hero Wars Line Editor and *official* Glorantha Expert, is attending. He is, according to Greg Stafford, *the second most informed guy about Hero

Wars*. Roderick will introduce the new game, host panels, teach GM's and

present a bunch of happy scenarios for Hero Wars. He is also editing for

the Pendragon RPG and will be happy to talk about Arthurian Knights and their handicrafts.

W h i t a k e r, Lawrence
A nice man and *Chaosium's Elric! Guy*, is coming again. Lawrence will be happy to whaffel about Elric!, Hawkmoon and the Unknown East and plays a leading character in our Elric! freeform. There will also be a Elric! Tournament again.

B r o o k e, Nick
A long time friend and guest of our Convention, is attending as well. Nick will enlighten us with is radiant presence, entertain us with his exquisite Orate skill and will run Chris Gidlow's Tarsh Wars for us.

~ H o r r o r s a l i v e a n d f r e e f o r m i n g ~

Here is our pride and joy!

S a t u r d a y

1 2 . 0 0

O p e r a t i o n S p a n n e r
written by Dan Barker and Bazz Hoftyzer

Progress report on work-shift 320978.5736-A A secluded group of true, pure of heart and mind Mostali, intent to repair the World-Machine.They are on strict-deadlines, as all the signs say that something bad is brewing for Mostali-kind.Everything would be operational if it wasn't for the arrival of some Mostali at their island-retreat.

Why are they there? Are they true Mostali? Or are they polluted by the world of Grower? If so can they be brought back to the One-True Way?

20 Players / Glorantha

A t t e n t i o n: The sign up for this game will take place at the convention.
There is a 2,- DM / 1 EUR charge for this game to cover the production cost.

C l a s h e s: none

1 5 . 0 0

S a c k o f I m r r y r
written by Pummel

Become a member of the final conference planning the"Sack of Imrryr". The most important diplomats and warriors of the 6 nations will take part and meet in the privacy at the villa of Filkhars richest Sea-Food producer. They will discuss the last discrepancies between them. Alliance and intrigue, discussion and duel, love and hatred, all of this

expect the players and much more. Be there as rivals become allies, enemies turn into friends and start the most important event in the history of the Young Kingdoms.

21 Players / Elric!

A t t e n t i o n: The sign up for this game will take place at the convention.
There is a 2,- DM / 1 EUR charge for this game to cover the production cost.

C l a s h e s: none

S u n d a y

1 2 . 0 0

O r k a l s B u l l
written by Neil Robinson

A lusty tale of political strife in an isolated barbarian clan. With the

death of Venharl the Powerful and the election of Penorri Venharl’s-Son,

it seemed that peace had come to the Vostangi at last. But then Vargast,

head of the Varing family, had his prize Bull stolen, while Orkal, a client of Orlalont of the Orlings, has a new Bull he claims to have bought down in Clearwine. Will the bloodfeud destroy the clan?

16 Players / Glorantha

A t t e n t i o n: The sign up for this game will take place at the convention. There is a 2,- DM / 1 EUR charge for this game to cover the production
cost.

C l a s h e s: none

1 4 . 0 0

T a r s h W a r s
written by Chris Gidlow

War-drums are beating along the Bush Range. On the hill-tops blaze the fires of the Tars Gor, summoning the clans to wash their axes in the blood of enemies. The natives are restless, and one thing alone stands between civilisation and scalp-taking savagery. A thin red line, a line glimmering with Silver, Bronze and Steel: the Lunar Army!

Join the serried ranks! Lead the army of the Great Red Queen to the very

foothills of Wintertop! Defend the Pax Lunara in a last-ditch struggle, or plant the Red Vexillum in the smoking ruins of a Tarsh encampment! Live or die, the tales of your exploits will stir the Empire!

13 Players / Glorantha

A t t e n t i o n: The sign up for this game will take place at the convention. There is a 2,- DM / 1 EUR charge for this game to cover the production
cost.

C l a s h e s: none

T h o s e W h o F a l t e r a n d T h o s e W h o F a l l written by Anja Bleicher and Thorsten Grube

Cancelled.

30 Players / Call of Cthulhu

~ T i m i n g & C o s t s ~

Tentacles Millennium will take place at castle Stahleck in Bacharach, from Friday the 9th to Monday the 12th June 2000.

The Convention will open programme Friday evening around 19.00 and end around 11.00 on Monday.

The price for 3 nights at the Convention, including breakfast and dinner, is 72 EUR! A common beer at the Con cost around 2 DM which is less than 1 EUR, 1 Dollar or 1/2 British Pound (shameless plug of course). Donations either in games or money are welcome.

Payment for foreign guests is at the door!

~ A u c t i o n ~

The auction will take place at nice, warm spot at Sunday night. Come along to help and bring old, exotic and precious games, magazines, books etc. for
Glorantha, RQ, CoC, Elric!, Pendragon and Schund you would like to turn into cash. The
Convention is happy about all the support it can get.

Registered items:

2nd Edition Pavis & Big Rubble

A copy of 'Fires of Mist and Wind-Blown Snow', the Glorantha Novel by John Hughes

Ad&d Player's Handbook
Ad&d Legends & Lore
Ad&d Dragonlance Rules

Complete guide to Elves
Complete guide to Dwarves

12 Tom Clancy's Thrillers

If you want to bring something for the auction (not neccessarly donations) send a mail with the list of items to: fabian.kuechler_at_medien.uni-weimar.de

Help to expand the list!

~ Y b o t 3 ~

Ybot 3 is likely to become the next Glorantha fan publication and is a wonderful piece of work. I won't give a way too much right now, only a

few snippets.

If you are a Big Rubble fan this is your book. We have a huge piece of the works of Ian Thomson, covering all the *nice* spots in the Rubble that remained unexplored for
too long. This piece is beautifully illustrated by Dario Corallo and features arts, maps, RQ 3 and even Hero
Wars stats. Quite a lot of the material was produced in cooperation with Greg himself - hey - calm down, I
know...

There will be a second publication released by Tentacles Press at Convulsion 2K! It will contain all the glorious scenario and background material by Ian Thomson which could not be included in Ybot 3 because of the lack of space.

Ybot 3 will feature a massive Glorantha fiction section with great, great previously unpublished storys and new insights into Alkoth and the cult(ure) of Shargash, by the (in)famous and feared Martin Laurie and illustrated by the genuine Mike o' Connor.

If you want make sure you receive a copy of Ybot 3 get directly in contact with Ingo Tschinke:
Tradetalk_at_t-online.de

Ask for the *nice price* offer if you are still missing Ybot 2.

A more detailed annoucement will follow soonish.

~ I f y o u a r e c o m i n g f r o m G r e a t B r i t a i n ~

If you like to fly in from Great Britain check out the Ryan Air Airline http:// www.ryanair.com
They are flying at very cheap airfares from London Stansted and other places in GB to the Airport Hahn, Germany which is about 20 minutes (!) from the castle Stahleck. You really need a parachute to get closer than

that...

~ I f y o u a r e c o m i n g f r o m J a p a n ~

If you are coming from Japan fly to Frankfurt Main Airport. It is located close to the castle and transport to Bacharach is not to difficult and takes around 1 hour. We may even pick you up on the way!

~ L a n g u a g e B a r r i e r ~

Well, there is none as long as you speak and/or understand English. International guests are very welcome!

~ S i g n u p ~

You can sign up for Tentacles online at: http://www.uni-weimar.de/~kuechle1/regis.htm

There are only a handfull of places left...

~ U s e f u l W e b s i t e s ~

The official Tentacles Convention site:
http://www.uni-weimar.de/~kuechle1/venue.htm where you can find information, pictures of the castle

and:
http://www.uni-weimar.de/~kuechle1/regis.htm to sign up for Tentacles online.

Go to:
http://www.die-sns.de
the official website of the German RQ-Gesellschaft and have a look a some pictures of the last Tentacles Convention.

Go to:
http://djh-info.de/seiten/djh/bacharach/bacharach.htm for the official homepage of Castle Stahleck

Go to:
http//:www.ryanair.com
to find out about cheap airfares from GB to Germany (Hahn Airport see above)

Deutsche Bahn:
http//:www.deutschebahn.de
here you can find information on how to get o Bacharach by train.

Fabian Kuechler
- --
~~TENTACLES Convention~~
fabian.kuechler_at_medien.uni-weimar.de

We want YOU for - TENTACLES Millennium!
9th-12th June 2000; Castle Stahleck, Germany

Visit our weblair at:
www.uni-weimar.de/~kuechle1/next.htm