Re: Martin's Empire

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 04:00:29 EDT

David Dunham:

<< > My Empire is not dominated by Bureaucratic
>schemers, in the end, in my world, they get a sword through the head from
the
>heroic warrior type.

    This sounds to me like the Dara Happan Empire, run by glorious war leaders (Imperator is a military title awarded by the army, and the whole cult of Yelm is a war leader cult at its heart), rather than the Lunar Empire - - run by a religion that is in at least some respects a reaction against the Yelmic model. [snip]

    Be careful, Martin, that your world is the same world as the one all the Lunars see, not just limited to one view of it. >>

     By 'my Empire' I interpreted Martin to mean the Empire as portrayed in his own campaign, not the one he was writing for SGU. If he and his players are interested in only one aspect of the Empire, then who are we to argue? So long as SGU allows bureaucratic schemers to be successful (yay!) just as much the military types, everything's OK by me - and I believe that's what Martin has said will be the case.

Forward the glorious Red Tapeworm!

     Trotsky