Over-arcing plots and marketing Glorantha

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 19:25:06 +0100

In message <200005071637.JAA30536_at_chaosium.com>, The Glorantha Digest <owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com> writes
> Over-arcing plots seem to be pretty popular in RPGs these days, so I'm
>sure its a sensible marketing strategy from Issaries, but I'm curious about
>the practicalities of it. But it may well be none of us know yet, and we'll
>just have to wait and see ;-)

I'm not sure that it's consistent with some of the things Issaries/Greg have said in the past. At some point the 'official' history of the Hero Wars has to be suspended and 'individual' histories take over. I really don't want Glorantha to develop in the same way as the World Of Darkness with an 'official' history constantly being revised in irritating ways.