Sendereven

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 16:12:01 +0800

	I'm with Peter - I don't think the Sendereven are mystics.
	Demigods, as the writeup says.
	Mysticism is about distancing yourself from the world.
	If forced to put them into one of the standard four magical
categories, I would put them as animist. They name and worship the keels of their boats, for a start, which sounds pretty animist to me. And they seem to have a lifestyle that very much engages with the world full on, choosing to sail in hurricane winds rather than peace, which sounds the opposite of most mystic practice to me (but within the bounds of extremist animism).
	Cheers
		David