Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 22:30:32 +0100

Channelling Roy Batty (or Ozymandias?):

I have seen an Icebreaker cut scars across the face of the Red Moon, while fires turned the City of Dreams to ash.

I have seen Moonson remove his Mask atop the Footstool of Raibanth, and been condemned by him to burn with Sheng in the Seventh Hell.

I have seen the Crater Makers call in surgical strikes against the Ministry of Peace, with collateral damage to the capital "well within acceptable operational norms".

I have sat on the Imperial Presidium, called the unruly Senate to order, and served sherbert to the Sultans at the Court of the Silver Gate.

I have fought alongside Jar-Eel on the Hero Plane. I have led the Red Army into Dragon Pass. I have seduced a Prince of Tarsh to uphold the Lunar Way.

I was midwife at the birth of the Black and White Moons. I witnessed the acclamation of the Dark Emperor, and lived. I know who murdered the Bat Man's father.

I have revealed the man behind the Steel Mask of Bellex Maximus. On the Hungry Plateau, in Moonbroth Oasis, in the war-torn Redlands and in distant Arrolia can my works be seen.

All these things I have seen, in games, and shared them with my friends.

(FWIW, I've also contributed to all three of Greg's Pelorian WIP books, but
that doesn't sound *nearly* as exciting).

But let's not rest on these past glories:

I will rent rooms in Victory Mansions, and take on the Gbaji Park Murderer beside my fellow tenants.

I will put down the revolt in the Redlands with my loyal comrades-in-arms... or die trying.

I will journey with the Coders to the throbbing heart of Lunar Prax, and unravel the Moonbroth Murders.

I will marry Yelmalio to the Red Moon Goddess, as the White Beasts rage up the Cradles Valley.

(FWIW, I will also read and try to make use of Martin's Lunar SGU book, but
that doesn't sound *nearly* as exciting).

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick