Grazers

From: Danny Mr <ad236_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 16:41:02 +0100

Curse you John Hughes!!!!

Here's my take on the FHQ and the Grazers.

It's known that the FHQ is an avataor of Kero Fin and it's also known that the Grazers have recently changed from sun (Kargzant) worshipping to earth
(FHQ pantheon) worshipping (or at least a melding of the two). Our thinking
on this was that as the FHQ is an embodiment of a physical piece of Glorantha (Kero Fin), perhaps they were trying something sneaky. What's happening is the Grazers are in the final stages of deigenesis(if that's the right word). What we decided was that the Grazers were forcing the Vendref
(who are tied to the soil) to worship the FHQ (in RQ terms by giving her all
bar one of their magic points in twice yearly ceremonies). The FHQ would act as a resevoir for these thousands of MPs (it's stated that she has such a radiance that none can look upon her directly) which she would then use over the course of the seasons in magic that would be beneficial to the GrazeLANDS. The idea being that once they'd reached a critical mass of worship the FHQ would actually go from superhero to deity and then incarnate as the living Grazelands - much as Genertela would have been when Genert was live - making the land of the Grazers sentient/divine/whatever.

Secondary to that we decided that the Goldeneye horses were also part of a Grazer empowerment process where they were backheroquesting the deconstruction of hippogriff to horse to regain the lost powers of talons, flight and fiery breath. I can't remember why they were doing it, but we had a good reason at the time.

The end result would be that the Grazers would be living in a sentient land, able to defend, sew, and grow itself and also bring about the reintroduction of the hippogriffs (which to a nomadic culture like the grazers would be a big improvement). Imagine what they could do if they were all mounted on flying, firebreathing horses!!!

Any other hypotheses out there?