Re: Converting RQ3 to Hero Wars?

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:36:12 EDT

Ian Thomson:

<< frinstance what do you think:

 Bladesharp 1, 2, 3 etc >>

     Augment Sharp Weapon, with a value based as much on the caster's RQ POW as on the level of the bladesharp, but, at a guess around 12/15/18/1W/etc. In practice you'd change the name to something a bit more atmospheric ('lightning sword' or whatever) especially if there's something appropriate in your keyword already.

<< Fireblade >>

    No real need to change the name, unless there's something obviously more appropriate in the character's keyword. Its really just an Augment Weapon spell again, in terms of most of its effects.

<< Protection 4 >>

     There is no obvious counterpart to this in any of the keywords I've seen (though, as none are them for cults that normally provide the Protection spell, that may be unsurprising). You could have a spell which would allow you to raise the edge due to your armour by a predetermined amount if you pass the roll, or just another Augment Combat spell with an appropriate protection-style name.

<< Vaguely related Q: as an Initiate of Issaries.com do I get a free book? >>

     Yes, but not necessarily the HW rulebook - it could be one of the later supplements, depending on what you asked for at the time you joined.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky