Re: Converting RQ3 to Hero Wars?; Grazers; products

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 21:01:36 -0700

Trotsky gave some specific conversion answers. But I still think it's missing the point.

I was disappointed when I converted my longest-running RQ2 character to RQ3. She just didn't feel the same -- despite the significant similarities between the two game systems. Hero Wars is obviously a bigger jump, and your characters *will* feel different.

If this doesn't bother you, don't let me stop you.

Danny wrote

> It's known that the FHQ is an avataor of Kero Fin and it's also known that
> the Grazers have recently changed from sun (Kargzant) worshipping to earth
> (FHQ pantheon) worshipping (or at least a melding of the two).

I don't think she's an avatar of Kero Fin. Also, the Grazers have *not* changed from Solar worship. There may now be more emphasis of La-ungariant's earth powers.

Roderick wrote

> That we are finally seeing an "official" Gloranthan product that
> isn't deep background material is a testament to both Greg (for
> persevereing) and the fans (for writing).

What do you mean "finally?" Hero Wars follows on the heels of King of Dragon Pass, after all... (Granted, KoDP is not intended as an official history, but its portrayal of proto-Sartarites should be considered pretty accurate, given its clan level scope.)

Lowell wrote

> The idea that "fan" publications could flood the market and weaken the
> currency of "core" Glorantha is ludicrous.

Pessimist! I've actually seen a Reaching Moon Megacorp publication at my local (Seattle) game store. (OK, I don't consider RMM products to weaken Glorantha, but it's not at all impossible that there could be more fan products for Hero Wars than official ones. And in a worst case scenario, this could cheapen the brand.)