Hurrah...

From: Ashley Munday <ashleym_at_telinco.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 20:59:42 +0100

I didn't know what to expect from the final product. Having seen a GTA draft of the rules I knew I wasn't going to be impressed with the basic system, but the magic looked intriguing.

My initial impressions:

  1. It smelt new - always a good sign!
  2. These books are a bit on the small side... I'd have prefered a couple of books about the same physical size as, say, the first edition pendragon rules. Less wear on the spine in my experience - plue the damned things stay open at a page.
  3. Thank heavens I downloaded and played the GTA pre-release version of the rules so I can find my way around - a luxury I haven't got with the Narrator's book.
  4. Why's the Duck on p.240 got a flat face?
  5. While "Gloranthan Visions" looks good, I have a feeling that new players or GM's may find the going a bit hard without more background material. (Yes, I know, the Player's Guides and Location books are coming...)
  6. I was expecting the strange runes for 1/4 and 1/2. Any chance of bunging the errata in the box?

Bloody good job though!

Cheers,

Ash