Typos and Think-o's.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 03:40:08 +0100 (BST)

bjm10 -- and I cannot improve of the verb of an earlier poster -- trolls:

> So what?

If quoting a paragraph to say this isn't against Rule One, it bleedin' well should be, never mind repeat offences along said lines...

> Like I said--if I give them money, it will only encourage such behavior.
> I'll wait until a corrected version is printed. Until then, no money
> from me.

In some fantasy universe of Market-Driven Incentivisation and Behavioural Reinforcement, I have little doubt this would be true. Meanwhile, back in the real world... The only way to 'encourage' a corrected printing of HW is to sell out the first, doubtless indeed shockingly buggy print run. Oh, the irony and horror of it. Besides, Bryan, haven't you been essentially churning your projected, threatened, and now actual failure to buy HW for more months now than any of us would ever care about? Is there not perhaps some statute of limitations, point of nausea, or other redundancy-checking mechanism that might cut in at some stage?

Mind you, the font-o's did strike me as pretty egregious as such mistakes go. Oh well, such is life.

On a quite different, though perhaps equally bathetic note: I, too can't recall which GTA freebie book I selected. Since I'll doubtless be ordering the other of the Big Two, at least, would it perhaps be a useful public service for someone with access to the Bumper Book of Names to let we of the terminally bewildered know who has what coming to 'em?

Cheers,
Alex.