Evil Empires

From: Osentalka_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 06:34:17 EDT

Hello Friends,

> David Dunham:

>>We don't know what evil was done by the Empire >> of Star Wars. It's enough to know it's an Empire.>>

Mark Mohrfield
> Uh, I'd say that blowing up an entire inhabited planet just to set an
> example qualifies as "evil".

That was AFTER we were told that the Empire is evil.

In fact we know more "evil" things that the Lunar Empire has done, than we know of the evil deeds of the Star Wars Empire.

The LE has invaded and conquered many countries (Sartar, Prax, Heortland ...). The LE changes the culture and faith of its conquered provinces (converting Issaries to Etyries, forbidding Worship of Orlanth, teaching that the Red Goddess is better than any other deity ..). The LE allows known evil in his realm (Vampire Legion, Broo Army, Crimson Bat - -..)

IMHO a lot of people outside the Empire may think the LE is evil itself, and they are right.
A lot of people inside the Empire may think that the Empire itself is not evil, but it could be used for evil deeds, and they are right, too.

I like the way at looking at the LE as evil itself (not only used for evil), because it brings the players to belive this.... and then i let meet them the perfect Coders... ;-)

If i would play inside the empire all this would be different.

Cheers

Andre