HW in French

From: Xavier <spinat_at_poly.polytechnique.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 01:00:29 +0200

Hi!

Since I'm no an official of Multisim (but just an hired gun, doing some translations), I'm certainly not the one that can tell you the more about HW in French, but at least I'll try to mail what I know here... I hope it helps to clear out some confusions.

> From: frederic boudaille <boudaill_at_club-internet.fr>
>
> For those who are interested, Multisim will release the french version of Hero
> Wars and Glorantha in two books early june.
> The deal is : you buy the pair, you get the maps ! Quite weird. So there won't
> be any "deluxe" french HW.

Well. I wouldn't be that disappointed if I were you. Because the map is completely different of the ones made by Issaries. It is a very nice color map of our beloved Lozenge (made by Didier Graffet, for the French people who saw the maps of AGONE or Guildes... you can appreciate his work). I saw a non final version of the map and found it quite neat.
All I can say is that I liked it better than many maps I saw before... So there's no "deluxe" box, but just an awesome map. Doesn't sound like such a bad deal to me.

Futhermore, the french edition of HW is just one book, not two as the US version, so the boxed set was not as necessary. The french translation will be just HeroWars (the name is kept, as it was kept for RuneQuest and nobody complained at that time...) : one big book (320 pages, from what I know) with the US HW and most of the Narrator's book (Rising dark is replaced by a french episod... and will certainly translated later, in a booklet sold with the narrator's screen or something like that). The "vision of Glorantha" stories will be translated later too.

The other book is Glorantha, with certainly less pages than HW (280 or 300 at most, from what I know). The drawings in it won't be the same as the US version (or at least that's what I understood)

Those two french books will be hardcover. Their size will be a bit larger that the US books (more like the US hardcovers than the US paperbacks) They will be the deluxe set in themselves, in a way. And the map is a good bonus I think.
I still don't know the prices of the two books yet.

I'll try to bring some in Bacharach (for those who come to the convention and that would like to buy some, please mail me in advance, I'll try to manage to have enough with me, as long as I can carry them)

Well, I think I have nothing more to say on the subject. XS