HW: Sorcery puzzlements....

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 20:22:06 +0100

Reading through HW I find lots of stuff to annoy me (as well as some stuff to delight me). I'm really finding the determination to Pin Things Down in the magic system a bit irritating. Just now I'm scratching my head over the description of Sorcery.

Sorcerers (it say here) do not send their physical bodies to the Other Side. Sorcerers (it also say) perceive the Other Side as a mass of energies and potentialities.

Does this not

  1. make running a sorcerer's visit to the Other Side well nigh impossible since there is nothing describable in human terms for them to see?
  2. completely crap all over the long-accepted description of How Arkat Discovered HeroQuesting? How the hell anyone can recognise elements from the sorcery Realm reflected in the Theist Realm? (Mind you, he's also a mystic so....) - -- Michael Cule