Prax Packs, Pavis Packs etc

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_primus.com.au>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 12:37:18 +1000

After waiting many years to see an expansion Pack on Pavis and the Rubble, I ended up (with the wonderful help of many assistants, and the sheer luck of finding Greg amenable to long discussions on the topics) doing it myself!!!!

Its been a huge undertaking and continues still, nonetheless, if you want to see a Prax Pack,
- - buy everything with Prax material in,

and when you have some solid ideas discuss the concept with Greg, at least to the point of telling him what you are up to. Scott Schneider seems an obvious person also to discuss it with, and Steve Martin probably too

If you doubt your own writing abilities then do the outlines of what you think is needed and recruit others to do the actual arty word arrangements bit (although I doubt my own abilities but did it anyway after seeing several very shonky articles in print that made my work look more than reasonable - not necessarily referring to Gloranthan material here, just what gets published anywhere)

I've been happily surprised by the number of people prepared to help out, mostly discovered over the Digest

Without them either I couldn't have done it, or the material would have been of far less quality (the number of times someone suggested something and I gregged myself in the light of that far better idea cannot be understated)

One reason why it took a lot of time for me is that the ideas seemed to simmer and evolve over time too: things I wrote months ago, and seemed OK at the time, later looked very shonky and were altered. Its worth seeing something like this as a project that goes for a fair while, unless of course you have 'the gift' which i don't.

Clue: Collaboration - Number One Resource

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #658