Re: Playin' Games, etc.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 20:02:08 +0100 (BST)

Nick Brooke on Playin' Games, on Hero Wars:
> They told me they're selling "bucketloads" [...]

I'm enormously glad to hear it. To hear fevrid enthusiasm here is one thing, but for a hardened, glint-eyed merchant to sound impressed is genuinely encouraging. (Though I'm still not getting totally carried away, since there have to be a 1000 or so truly hardened Gloranfans, for whom selling to is more a matter of velocity than discretion. I do hope it's making significant inroads into the 'new blood', and 'Ah yes, I remember when...' camps, too.)

> My own box had two rather duff A4 photocopied maps (Glorantha and Dragon
> Pass) which I wouldn't have *dared* advertise on the back of a boxed set for
> fear of ridicule, but maybe that was all there was meant to be. Hard to
> believe, I know...

Unless you and I have been similarly unlucky, I think that's the very ones. I shan't pretend not to recognise the characterisation of them as being 'rather duff'.

All will be forgiven, however, if Sartar Rising has an A0 full-colour map folded inside with cartography which will make me weep for joy and gasp in admiration. (Well, I can dream.)

Cheers,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #660