RE: Prax Pak

From: T. Kurt Bond <tkb_at_tkb.mpl.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:51:44 -0400 (EDT)

chris ward writes:
> Sun County and River of Cradles are still reasonably available [...].

> [...] the availability of the RQ3 stuff, I don't
> think sun county [...] need really be done again.

The following is humbly offered for thought:

I think that if the aim is to attract new players to Glorantha, then Sun County and River of Cradles, along with any of the other RQ3 stuff, are definitely *not* "reasonably available". Sure, people in the know can track these down with some effort, but that's no way to attract *new* players. Potential new players, and those beginning to play, will be interested in what's on the shelves of their local game store, or at worst can be easily and quickly ordered by their local game store. This implies something that is in print *and* carried by several of the major distributors.

On the other hand, as long as Issaries and fan publishing can provide a reasonable stream of high quality products detailing other areas of Glorantha, the new players will, I think, quite happily explore those areas and not worry about Prax until a Hero Wars version is published.