Aldryami

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 04:02:17 -0400

> Aldryami forge metals?

Elder secrets says that Aldryami can grow plants to do almost anything, and specifically mentions plants that produce spearheads. I thought I'd seen a reference to plants deep in the Pavis Garden that grow copper leaves, but I can't find it - it doesn't seem to be in Big Rubble. That writeup does mention plants that grow jewels.

There have been real-world proposals to take advantage of plants that concentrate metals from the earth, so I have no problem believing Aldryami can do it.

I think the problem with Aldryami forges isn't the use of fire, but that forges are tools of Maker rather than Grower.

Andrew