Contemporary Parallel to RW

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 01:06:46 +0900

>> When it will be made public that
>> GTA Hero Wars Campaign of Ten Years Cycle Plan Plot now for only Hero of
GTA
>> usable? (It maybe discord sound for my ear such as Communist Policy of
>> (Pre?) modern Economy of Soviet and China...)

Alex Ferguson:
>The point is this exists not for the sake of having secrets (for secret's
>sake), but because it's intended to form the story-arc underlying
>the _products_ to be released by Issaries over the upcoming period
>of time. Releasing them in advance would be tantamount to a huge
>series of 'spoilers'. (Plus they're likely to mutate as the arc gets
>fleshed out, so releasing them now would likely cause unnecessary
>bun-fights.)

Maybe I do meddlesome with groundless fears.... Is it Such as Whitewolf Publication attach great importance over current political events as End of Cold War and Dissolution of Soviet Union vibration?
Timechange of Gameuser's preference may make experts crash against Greg Stafford.
(Make me against Timestream: King Lear?) IMHO, most of current Gloranthan evolutions are made with Vampirelike Sacrificing fanatical oldphiles without cultivating New Field of Market...at least temporal status. If Time is Now, how we know about it? Maybe nobody can...

Andrew Laecen:
> 1) In Greek myth, gods are constantly turning people into animals,
>usually as punishments, as well as themselves into animals, usually as a
>disguise. Are Orlanthi deities considered to have this sort of power? Did
>Orlanth smite someone and turn him into a dog, for example? Does Issaries
>travel around as a songbird when he wants to seduce someone?

In Scandinavian Mith, Odin and Loki prefer to shapechange suited to their tricksterish aspect (as Eurmal the Great God) with Fraya's Coat. Wyrm's Footprint mentioned
about Eurmal stole Fire of Gustbran from Obsidian Palace with his shapeshifting ability similar with some Native American Folklore.

> 2) In Greek literature, the overwhelming sin is hubris, excessive
pride.
>Over and over again, the gods punish people for being too proud, often for
>imaging that they are as good as the gods at something (such as Arachne at
>weaving). The whole concept of hubris, however, doesn't seem very
Orlanthi.
>Is there an equivalent sin that the Orlanthi always have to guard
themselves
>against? Cowardice, perhaps?

What is connection between humans & Gods? Cultural difference. In Celtic Myth, maybe Concept of Hubris is Alien in their concept about human. Glorantha is mixed cultural experiment into One. Maybe one is adopted, another is abandoned.

> 3) Do the gods travel around in disguise, testing people? Does Lankhor

>Mhy wander through villages, making sure that no one is breaking the law?
>Does Orlanth occasionally show up to test people's hospitality?

Parallel of Heimdal, Demeter, Isis? Folklore rather than mythology or legend.

> 4) What does Chalana Arroy do to smite somebody? People must
>occasionally offend her. She can turn off people's immunity to disease,
but
>that seems pretty tame compared to the sorts of things that happen in Greek
>myth.

  malfunctioning of immunity resistant such as AIDS and hemophilia? horrible for Merciful Godddess, maybe applied only to most Atrocious Deed.

>> >I don't think there is an actual "mystic plane". The mystic goal
>> >is Liberation, a non-realm (or perhaps neither a realm nor a
>> >non-realm).
>>
>> Greg Stafford introduced Durap Apdur (Durapdur) as One of List Mystical
>> Plane in HW site.

Nils Weinander:
>Yes indeed, what I mean is that Durapdur is not an otherworldly
>realm. It's a non-realm or possibly neither a realm nor a non-realm.
>It's not a place you can go to and come back from, like the spirit
>world, the gods world or the sorcery world though.

OK, Nirvana in RW image suited to Mystic's personal usage rather than gathering consciousness.
Maybe my application to otherworld diving has similarity of such as Cyberpunk Game or "Neuromancer" style otherworld is mistake for this expression
connected alien sense to normal five sense. (But difficulty to this approach upped with more logical /mystical bents such as sorceror's / mystic's. (Theist's and Animist's approach closed to more "Diving") Maybe I only intended to say about circumstance of like Renegades of Road of Enlightenment ShangHsa / Sheng Seleris and converts Kahar / Dogsalu and (his son) Govmeranen maybe can be seen shifting from Mystical World to Theistic World and vice versa. Such as Andins saw this dimension because they don't see themselves merely opponent of Right-thinking people same as Vadeli in Logician's World and used symbolistic easyness such as Icon-Click System MS-WINDOWS against MS-DOS.
 (But if they are only scheme in Game World, I may do fruitless effort....)

The three rivals prophesied at three contest. Nenduren said,
"Someday, I will commit suicide, and succeed winning this contest" Larn Hasamador said,
"Someday, I will make everyone forget my all deed, and succeed winning this contest"
Mashnasan said,
"Someday, I will let you two both succeed finishing your opinion, and succeed winning this contest"
paradoxically all they won, all they lose.