Praxpak

From: Karin Goihl & Daniel Fahey <goihlk_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 12:05:34 +0200

David:
>Assuming there is absolutely zero cost to Issaries to edit and layout
>the book, printers still have the annoying habit of wanting their
>money up front. So a PraxPak could interfere with other projects.
>Another Issaries cost (in effort even if not an ad blitz) is
>marketing.

And assuming fans do all of this, as with the Tales people and Moon Design, then it should all go well, or?

>I'd rather see Issaries devote that up-front printer money to something
>new.

Since Issaries isn't going to have the money for this for a long time we don't need to talk about that. Obviously, fans are going to have to do whatever gets done, and lay out any money needed. I hope this is also obvious to all the others in the project.

>This being the case, I think writing a lot of *new* Prax material
>would be the best way to get Prax in print. You'd probably be able to
>excerpt much of the old material as sidebars or chapters in the new
>work. A new work would probably sell better, too.

Yes, this is good. The sidebar idea is neato. Thanks. I've been assuming new material all along here. Moon Design is already doing reprints, so that doesn't need discussing.

Daniel