Re: Hypocrisy

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:19:46 -0700

Douglas Seay

> > Do people become devotees of a God for purely personal reasons rather than
> > because they want to become more like the God?
>
>I'd imagine that if you were on your initiation HQ and didn't
>believe then you'd fail. Period. Exceptions for the Illuminated (they
>can fool the gods), Arkati (special rules while on HQs), and other
>oddballs.

It's worth noting that the God Learners were able to do this, and they were not illuminated. As I recall, Sandy explained that they had a trick so that at any given moment, they were indeed sincere about their worship of that god. And during the Imperial Age, they weren't oddballs...

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein