Re: Hypocrisy

From: Drew Craft <drewcraft_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 14:02:16 PDT

>From: Douglas Seay <douglas.seay_at_marconi.com>
>
>I don't play in the West, so I don't know about saints. I'd say that a
>non-devoute person doesn't get in the cult. If a cultist becomes
>non-devout, feats and affinities will go away. The magical hotline to
>Orlanth is weakening, so Joe has no more access to Magic. The person
>with a less than 4 of 10 rating would be stuck with "Worship Storm
>Pantheon" 'cause he ain't getting nothing more. Devotees should have a
>8+ rating, circumstances allowing.

Interesting reason for all those odd-ball godlings. If belief/preference/behavior affects your magic, thus how you affect the world, an odd-ball theist better find some odd-ball being out there to emulate. "Of course we send mercenaries out to fight our enemies while we stay in the hall. We followers of Orlanth Fat-Belly have always done that."

Shamans need to know how to get along with spirits, and the other animists need to get along with the shamans. Do wizards have to get along with saints or only with whoever controls the portal/school? Drew