Re: Storm Bull != Urox

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 01:00:45 +0100 (BST)

Benedict Adamson:
> What makes this much more difficult than asking 'Is West King Wind
> Orlanth?' is that the twain DO meet. Around Pavis, along the edge of
> Sartar.

I agree. Both sides doubtless have an 'opinion' on such matters, and equally doubtless 'share' it with each other. ("We don't like your tradition, you getta slappinamouth", to steal shamelessly.) But that does't mean they think each others' oral myth is worth the paper it's not written on, so, for example, whose 'his' brothers are in Orlanthi myth is neither here nor there, as far as the Praxians are concerned.

> But most of all, consider the Pol Joni. Do they have
> followers of both Urox and Storm Bull? Do they and their fellow
> tribesmen consider the two to be different?

I'm guessing they worship 'Urox the Storm Bull'. I'm sure they believe in the basic identity of the two, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Though I think their practice is basically still theistic, and only 'Praxified' to a moderate degree.

Cheers,
Alex.